Our research focuses on developing alternative, non-Boolean, non-CMOS computing paradigms capable of penetrating the digital CMOS computational efficiency barrier posed by quantum-related device physics. Specifically, we investigate how to transcend deterministic computing by natively exploiting randomness-driven physical phenomenon, either from CMOS devices under extreme conditions or from emerging spin-torque devices, to effectively compute. In short, how to leverage the physics of devices to compute algorithms natively. PI: Mingjie Lin @ UCF
- Mohammed Alawad† and M. Lin⋆; “ Sketching Computation with Stochastic Processing Engines ”, Accepted and to be published in ACM Journal on Emerging Technologies in Computing Systems (JETC), 2016.
- Mohammed Alawad† and M. Lin⋆; “ Stochastic-Based Deep Convolutional Networks with Reconfigurable Logic Fabric ”, Accepted and to be published in IEEE Transactions on Multi-Scale Computing Systems, 2016.
- Mohammed Alawad†, Yu Bai†, Ronald DeMara, and M. Lin⋆; “ Robust Large-Scale Convolution through Stochastic-Based Processing without Multipliers ”, Accepted and to be published in IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing, 2016.
- Mohammed Alawad† and M. Lin⋆; “ Survey on Stochastic-based Computing Paradigms ”, Accepted and to be published in IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing, 2016.
- Yu Bai† and Mingjie Lin⋆. “ Stochastic-Based Spin-Programmable Gate Array with Emerging MTJ Device Technology ”, Journal of Low Power Electronics and Applications. 2016, 6(3), 15; doi:10.3390/jlpea6030015.
- M. Lin⋆, S. Chen, R. DeMara, and J. Wawrzynek; “ ASTRO: Synthesizing application-specific reconfigurable hardware traces to exploit memory-level parallelism ”, Microprocessors and Microsystems, Vol. 10, No. 5, Pages 10-22, March 26, 2015, DOI:10.1016/j.micpro.2015.03.005.
- Ilia Lebedev, Christopher Fletcher, Shaoyi Cheng, James Martin, Austin Doupnik, Daniel Burke, Mingjie Lin, and John Wawrzynek⋆; “ Exploring Many-core Design Templates for FPGAs and ASICs ”; International Journal of Reconfigurable Computing (IJRC), July 15. 2011. (Invited Paper).
- Mingjie Lin⋆ and John Wawrzynek, “ Improving Placements in FPGA with Dynamically Adaptive Stochastic Tunneling ”, in IEEE Transactions on Computer-aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, Volume 29, Issue 12, Pages 1858 - 1869, December, 2010.
- Mingjie Lin and Abbas El Gamal⋆, “ Exploring FPGA Routing Architecture Stochastically ”, in IEEE Transactions on Computer-aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, Volume 29, Issue 10, Pages 1509 - 1522, September 20, 2010.
- Mingjie Lin and Abbas El Gamal⋆, “ A Low-Power Field-Programmable Gate Array Routing Fabric ”, Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems, IEEE Transactions on , vol.17, no.10, pp.1481-1494, Oct. 2009.
- Mingjie Lin, Abbas El Gamal, Yi-chang Lu, and Simon Wong⋆, “ Performance Benefits of Monolithically Stacked 3D-FPGA (invited) ”, in IEEE Transactions on Computer-aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, Volume 26, Issue 2, February, 2007.
- Mingjie Lin and Nick McKeown⋆, “ The Throughput of a Buffered Crossbar Switch ”, in IEEE Communications Letters, Volume 9, Issue 5, Page(s):465 - 467, May, 2005.