Journal and Technical Magazine
- Chan-Ching Hsu, J. Morris Chang, Zi-Tsan Chou and Zakhia Abichar, "Optimizing Spectrum-Energy Efficiency in Downlink Cellular
Networks," in IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (TMC), vol.13, no.9, September 2014
- Zakhia Abichar and J. Morris Chang, "Group-Based Medium Access Control for IEEE 802.11n Wireless LANs," in IEEE Transactions on
Mobile Computing (TMC), Volume 12, Number 2, February 2013.
- Zakhia Abichar and J. Morris Chang, "A Medium Access Control Scheme for Wireless LANs with Constant-Time Contention," in IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (TMC), Volume 10, Number 2, February 2011.
- Zakhia Abichar, J. Morris Chang and Chau-Yun Hsu, "WiMAX vs. LTE: Who Will Lead the Broadband Mobile Internet?", IEEE IT Professional, vol. 12, no. 3, May-June 2010.
- Daji Qiao, Kang G. Shin and Zakhia Abichar, "Energy Conservation in 802.11 WLANs via Transmission Strategy-Aware Airtime Allocation," Elsevier Computer Networks (ComNet) journal, Vol. 52, Issue 12, August 2008.
- Zakhia Abichar, Yanlin Peng and J. Morris Chang, "WiMAX: The Emergence of Wireless Broadband," IEEE IT Professional, vol. 8, no. 4, July-Aug 2006.
- Zakhia Abichar, Ahmed E. Kamal, and J. Morris Chang, "Planning of Relay Station Locations in IEEE 802.16 (WiMAX) Networks," in Proceedings of IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), April 18-21, 2010, Sydney, Australia.
- Yanlin Peng, Zakhia Abichar and J. Morris Chang, "Roadside-Aided Routing (RAR) in Vehicular Networks," in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), June 11-15, 2006, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Zakhia Abichar, J. Morris Chang and Daji Qiao, "Group-Based Medium Access for Next-Generation Wireless LANs," in Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks (WoWMoM), June 26-29, 2006, Niagara Falls, NY, USA.
- Zakhia Abichar and J. Morris Chang, "CONTI: Constant-Time Contention Resolution for WLAN Access," in Proceedings of IFIP Networking, May 2-6, 2005, Waterloo, ON, Canada.
Poster & Industry Application Note
- Zakhia Abichar, Ahmed. E. Kamal and J. Morris Chang, "Planning of Relay Station Locations in IEEE 802.16 (WiMAX) Networks", Poster Session in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Iowa State University. April 16, 2010. [PDF]
- Zakhia Abichar and Mark Califano, "A Solar-Powered WiMAX Base Station Solution," Intel Netstructure(r) WiMax Base Station, Application Note, Intel Corporation, 2006. [PDF]
Quotes on designing network protocols:
"No combination of old segments ... can cause the protocol to fail and have a connection set up by
"Different network layers may return different kinds of feedback. The feedback may be explicit or implicit,
and it may be precise or imprecise."
"Additive increase multiplicative decrease (AIMD)... with multiplicative decrease, the guy that has more
loses more... until all parties have the same amount..."