CURRENT GRADUATE STUDENTS
CURRENT UDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
- Inalvis Alvarez-Fernandez, Ph.D. candidate, May 2018 – now
- Hamed Haggi, Ph.D. candidate, Aug. 2018 – now
- Tenglong (Scott) Zhang, Ph.D. student, Jan. 2019 – now
- Jian Xie, Ph.D. candidate, May. 2019 – now
- Xue Gao, Ph.D. student, Jun. 2020 – now
- Airin Rahman, Ph.D. student, Aug. 2021 – now
- Md. Moshiur Rahman, Ph.D. student, Aug. 2021 – now
- Maximilian Carroll, M.Sc. student, Aug. 2021 – now
Ph.D. and M.S. GRADUATES
- Sarah Schiefelbein, EE Senior, Siemens Digital Grid Lab
- Ph.D. dissertation, Distributed Service Restoration in Active Distribution Networks, Reza Roofegari Nejad, University of Central Florida, Spring 2021.
- Ph.D. dissertation, Development of An Adaptive Restoration Tool for A Self-healing Smart Grid, Amir Golshani, University of Central Florida, Fall 2017.
- M.Sc. thesis, A Multiagent Q-learning-based Restoration Algorithm for Resilient Distribution System Operation, Jungseok Hong, University of Central Florida, Summer 2017.
- M.Sc. thesis, Intelligent Microgrid Operation Using Multiagent Systems, Shanshan Ma, South Dakota State University, Summer 2015.
- M.Sc. thesis, Chance Constrained Real-Time Volt/Var Optimization Using Simulated Annealing, Damber Chaudhary, South Dakota State University, Spring 2015.
- M.Sc. thesis, Accelerating Load Pickup Using Storage Systems in Power System Restoration, Nemica Kadel, South Dakota State University, Spring 2015.
- Ivelisse Rivera, EE Undergraduate Research (NSF, DOE, Siemens), 2019-2021
- Dr. Meng Song, Postdoc, Nov. 2018 – Oct. 2020.
- Dr. Yun Zhang, Visiting Faculty, Oct. 2019 – Sept. 2020.
- Lisian Shehu, CpE Undergraduate Research (Honors Research), 2018-2019.
- Dat Nguyen, CpE Undergraduate Research (UCF EXCEL Program), 2018-2019.
- Tomas Villarreal, EE Undergraduate Research, 2017.
- Jason Lancaster, CpE Undergraduate Research (NSF REU), 2017.
- Inalvis Alvarez, EE Undergraduate Research (NSF REU), 2016-2017.
- Ornella Ngalamulume, EE Undergraduate Research, 2015-2016.
- Mark Guzman, EE Undergraduate Research (UCF EXCEL Program), 2015-2016.
The following position openings are available:
- Two Ph.D. positions with financial support of ORC Fellowship/GRA
- Two Postdoctoral positions with UCF Preeminent Postdoctoral Program
- Undergraduate students with financial support
Recruited students are expected to work in the areas of power systems, smart grids, cyber-physical system security and resilience. Please refer to the Research page for more information about research areas and projects. If you are interested in the opportunities, please contact me along with your CV and transcripts.